Monday, August 14, 2017

adb - How to enable USB Debugging in Android if forgotten pattern for screen-unlock?


I want to use some third party software to clear my device's screen unlock pattern which I forgot. They require USB debugging enabled but I don't have it enabled in my Android.



How do I turn on USB Debugging through Recovery mode, or Fastboot?



Answer



Details for that can be found in our usb-debugging tag-wiki (where I've just added them):



By default, USB debugging is disabled with stock ROMs (some custom ROMs however have it enabled by default). To toggle it on or off, you can find the corresponding switch in Settings › Development – a section originally hidden with Android 4.2 and up. You can make this section visible by going to Settings › About device and "hammering" the entry telling your ROM's build version until a toast-message congratulates you for having become a developer.



If your issue is however that you cannot boot up your device normally, and thus cannot reach the settings section described above, please take a look at the following questions:



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...