Monday, August 21, 2017

5.0 lollipop - Remove user account in Android 5.0.1 on Galaxy S4


I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 with Android upgraded to 5.0.1. There is a GMail account added that I've linked in order to install a specific application (Google Domain Policy) and now I want to remove that account in order to pass the phone to my co-worker.


I've gone to Settings -> Accounts and the account is listed there (as a Google account). I can tap that and get to privacy and sync settings but I can't see any option to delete the account. I've tried tapping, tapping and holding, double-tapping, swiping and everything else that happened to cross my mind but to no avail.


How on earth do I remove that account from the system if there's no delete option visible?



Settings -> Accounts After clicking on


Click image(s) for larger versions



Answer



I have spent weeks looking for a solution to this and finally this post helped me! It was so far from obvious and it felt like Google wanted me to keep the account by force lol.


Anyway, what I did was go to Settings > Accounts > Google, clicked the account I wanted to delete, the Sync menu option opened and this is where I always got stuck. Through this, I realized I had to press and hold the menu button on the bottom left side of my S4 to get another menu pop-up with the options of canceling sync or deleting the account.


Finally! Hope this helped.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...