Wednesday, August 9, 2017

4.0 ice cream sandwich - Android phones with native SIP client?


I've heard from various sources that Android does have SIP support built in starting around version 2.3 Gingerbread, but I yet to see a single phone actually having it in its setup menus.



Just returned from a B&M store having played with a few recent phones from HTC and Samsung (all of them ICS, earlier I've checked a few Android 2.* phones) - and NONE displayed any traces of SIP support whatsoever.


I understand that carrier bundled phones may have SIP disabled on purpose, but why disable SIP in the unbundled phones retailing for $400-600?


Is there out there some sort of an official list of Android phone models having SIP support available off the shelf?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...