Sunday, August 6, 2017

sim unlocking - Will my device get locked again after update?


I've bought samsung captivate glide I-927 from eBay. It is locked with at&t by default, so seller unlocked device for me and it is working fine. It comes with Gingerbread 2.3.5 and I found that ICS update for this device available from Samsung kies (pc suite). Now the question is Will my device get locked again after update from GB to ICS???


Thanks in advance...



Answer



No, software updates do not mess around with carrier info like that. Your phone should still be set to work with AT&T after the latest update is applied. If updating the device meant reactivating the phone, many people would be unhappy because of activation fees.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...