Sunday, August 20, 2017

Debugging Galaxy S2 Bluetooth problem: Bluetooth disconnects, Bluetooth status never fully turns on, Only reboot resolves this


I know many have problems with Bluetooth and certain car kits. I specifically have a VW. In any case, my Galaxy disconnects from not only my car, but also from my Philips in home audio system. In both cases, the disconnect is the same. What happens in both cases is the Bluetooth pair is lost. If I try to turn off and then on the Bluetooth (on the phone) to reset the pair the Bluetooth light never fully turns on. It stays a dim green. To get it to work I have to restart the phone.


I wrote a script to collect the Bluetooth logs, and programmed it to start logging whenever Buetooth is connected. See link below for the3 log. notice that around 7:56 the probem occurred. I was in a call on my galaxy s2 connected to my vw tiguan, and the hands free audio stopped. I was able to pick up the phone and switch from hands free to the speaker (on the phone) to resume the call.


Around 8:19, I think, I turned off the Bluetooth on the phone, and then tried to to turn on it again. But,it did not fully turn on. The green Bluetooth light is dim rather then bright. The only way I can restart the Bluetooth is to reboot the phone.


There are exceptions thrown that I am going to look at.


Have any thoughts?



Thanks!


I am running the stock rom that I downloaded from Kies. The Android version is 4.1.2


Logs: 1. S2 paired with VW Tiguan (7:56, 8:19 approx)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hd809geb4hoxvrr/btlog.txt

2. S2 paired with Philips AS351 (Time 21:02-21:06 approx)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6w7je0xrdcn7kiy/20130916_902-906btlog.txt




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...