Tuesday, August 1, 2017

How to troubleshoot "okay google everywhere" missing from voice settings?


This is what I see:


(Click image to enlarge)


IMG:



And this is what I would like to see:


IMG:


I am using Motorola Moto G 3rd generation (2015), 1 GB RAM, 8 GB storage; XT1541


I have already tried a few things:



  • I'm already using the latest version of Android as of now: 5.1.1 Lollipop.

  • I'm using the latest version of the Google now application: 5.1.17.19.arm

  • I have tried to search for the magic phrase "okay Google everywhere"

  • I have tried to uninstall and reinstalled the Google application. I think it was just a downgrade to version 4 of the app because the Google Play store told me that it is a built in application.

  • restarting the Google application by force quitting the app and/or restarting the whole phone.


  • switching the local from UK English to US English wherever I could find it in the phone settings.

  • and maybe some other things too.


But nothing seemed to help.


What could be causing the missing option? What else could I try to make it show up?


I am also thinking about contacting support. If I do so, should I be contacting Google or Motorola?


Edit:



  • The version of my "Google Now Launcher" application is 1.1.1.1706998

  • I have even tried factory reset with and without restoring from backup; no success.





No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...