Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Android-x86 stuck at black screen and a static underscore _


I have a very similar problem to e.g. here.


I installed Android-x86 on a partition on my Acer Aspire Switch 10E next to Windows.


I added Grub as trusted boot option in the UEFI and let Secure Boot enabled.


Using this I can completely boot and reboot into e.g. Android x86 version 8.1-R2


But the problem is: in this version my Realtek RTL8723BS is not supported -> No WiFi/Bluetooth!




So I worked my way back to older versions (I need at least Android 6.0). Using CM 14.1-R2 and Androidx86 7.1-R2 I have a strange behavior:


Right after the installation if I select "Run Android" everything works fine, it boots normal, WiFi/Bluetooth everything fine!


But I am not able in any way getting it to run again after a reboot. It is forever stuck on a black screen with only displaying a fix (not blinking)



_



I already searched for two days and tried a lot of parameters and settings in the Grub entry like nomodeset, xforcevesa etc ... nothing worked so far.


I also tried both 32bit and 64bit versions (the device is 64bit) but it made no difference.


I don't understand what I am doing wrong or why it boots all fine the first time if not going for the reboot but directly to the Run Android option. So I guess it can not be due to unsupported hardware since the system basically works ... I just can not boot into it anymore after shutting down / reboot.




Does anyone have a solution for that?




Note: I am not speaking about a Virtual Machine here!





No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...