Saturday, August 5, 2017

downloading - How to stop Chrome from causing Download folder to reappear in gallery?


Wanting to exclude the Download from being scanned by the Gallery application, I do as required, and create a:


.nomedia


file in the Download folder. That correctly causes the Download folder to vanish from Gallery. And all is well.


But then


If I Save an image from Chrome, the Download folder reappears in Gallery. This coincides with Chrome adding a special file to the Download folder:


ic.bin

enter image description here


Deleting the ic.bin file does not cause the folder to disappear from Gallery. Deleting, and re-adding the .nomedia file to the Download folder does cause the Download folder to vanish from Gallery.


I could ask this a number of alternate ways:




  • how do I really prevent a folder from being scanned by Gallery?

  • how do I deny file creation permission of a file called ic.bin in the Download folder?

  • how do I deny file creation permission of a file called ic.bin in any folder?

  • how do I stop Chrome from creating an ic.bin file in the Download folder?

  • how do I stop the Download folder from reappearing in Gallery?

  • how do I prevent Chrome from causing the Download folder from reappearing in the Gallery?


What I'm really asking is, "How do I exclude a folder from the Gallery?", given that .nomedia doesn't always work.



Device: Nexus 4

Android version: 4.2.1





No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...