Saturday, August 5, 2017

security - How can I stop being redirected to the App Store/Google Store by dodgy ad-scripts?


There are a load of sites that do this now, and it's really annoying:



  • I visit a content site on my Android device.

  • 10-15 seconds after loading starts the site hangs for a few seconds.

  • Google play store loads with a garbage app (usually some awful FTP or useless battery app) pre-selected.


This appears to be because a dodgy ad-script (i.e. Javascript running in the web page) is somehow able to redirect my device to open a link to an application in the store without me selecting it directly.



I consider it to be a critical security fail that Android lets this happen, but then Iphones do the exact same thing (but hang for much longer opening the app store).


This isn't me accidentally clicking on anything - the site loads, then the play-store redirect fires, every time.


Is there any way to stop this? Any option I can set in the store or browser to stop this incredibly annoying behaviour?


I'm on a Nexus 7, but I've seen this on lots of other Android devices.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...