Thursday, August 3, 2017

files - find command says: unknown group XYZ


This question is the next part of this question. I'm trying to use find command (Android 4.2.1; Busybox installed, have root access) to list files owned by a specific group under /, but every time I use it I get the same reply. E.g. I'm trying to find all the files owned by group adb using find / -group adb and the output says:



find: unknown group adb



I tried both single-double quotes but no effect. Tried for other groups but no effect again.


How should I use find then?



Answer



The method of using find is correct.



However there is no group "adb".


Run id -p to get all groups. You will get



groupid(name)



Then run find / -group .



The groupid is an integer.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...