Monday, August 7, 2017

4.4 kitkat - Strange Android bug - layout reversed


I was doing some debugging on my device, and when I pulled out my lead, my whole phones layout has now been reversed.


So for example usually the clock, wifi battery symbol etc, on the top right, but now it is on the top left. The screens on my home screen have also been reversed, e.g.


At present I have



  1. screen with some apps

  2. weather widget

  3. Main screen

  4. screen full of apps



But now it is the other way round. That is 4 and 1 have been reversed.


Also notice the buttons at the bottom have also been reversed, the back button is on the right side now instead of the left


When I drag down from top of the screen, to see notifications, the icons are on the wrong side.


enter image description here enter image description here


Click image for larger version


I have seen this type of bug before and have no idea what has caused it. Anyone know a solution? I really don't want to have to do a factory reset. And Yes I have tried turning it off and on.


Any suggestions would be helpful!!



Answer



In the developer options, look for a checkbox that says "Force RTL layout direction" and turn it off.


It's a developer feature that helps with testing how apps will look on a device that uses a right-to-left language (such as Arabic) without having to actually change the device's language.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...