Friday, August 4, 2017

How do you copy a contact from the SIM card to the phone in order to assign a picture to it


Searching the site here has let me to believe that you cannot assign a picture to a contact which resides on the SIM card ( I am using a Samsung Galaxy S, and that indeed seems to be the case - at least I haven't found a way to do it ).


So I have to copy these numbers to my phone, I presume.


How do I copy/duplicate one contact at a time from SIM to phone memory ?


I especially ask 'one contact at a time' because I , some months ago, seem to remember having read that you can copy all contacts at once, but that is not the action I would like to take ( although, to be honest, I haven't even found that option, yet ).



Answer



Although I still hope that someone else gives me a easier and quicker solution, I have found the following procedure to be a fairly quick method to accomplish what I wanted ( someone else will certainly have another idea regarding this , I'm sure ) :


I send the contact information using the Send via Gmail to my own Gmail account, press Download in the received email and choose Contacts and Phone). Since all information is present in the .vcf file attached to the mail, I can now easily create/duplicate a new contact without having to enter the name and phone number again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...