Monday, November 21, 2016

samsung galaxy s - SMS thread message total doesn't increase past 201


I have a Samsung Galaxy S running firmware version 2.2 with pretty much the default configuration it came with from the shop. On it, the (Unread/All) counter with one of my contacts has been stuck at (0/201) for quite a while, even though I've been sending more messages to the contact in question so the All value should be increasing at the very least.


Screenshot


Any idea how to get this to refresh so it shows the updated total? Or is this a hard limit set somewhere or something like that?



Answer



It's because there's a threshold beyond which it starts deleting old messages. Go into messaging, hit the menu button & go to settings. The first option is Delete old messages (checked by default), and the next is Text message limit (set to 200 by default). So you've just hit that threshold & it's deleting your old messages.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...