Monday, November 28, 2016

rooting - How do I update my rooted Samsung galaxy s4?


This is a complex question for me so I appreciate anyone helping me through it. I have a galaxy s4 that hasn't been updated since purchase b/c I was afraid to lose root.


I'm in the process of backing everything up now.


My concerns are...


1 Should I unroot? Will I screw up unrooting. I'm not familiar with the latest tools available and I don't know if it's necessary b/c...



2 I assume I can just do a factory reset and that will negate the need to unroot? Am I wrong?


3 Again I assume after doing the factory reset I can do the updates via my device OTA. Here's my most significant concern, that I shouldn't do all the updates b/c the most recent update has somehow thwarted whatever rooting tools might be currently available.


4 reroot, install a current ROM, reset up device.


I've done this a number of times with a number of devices but I haven't done it since I got this galaxy s4 shortly after release. That's how long it's been. I know there are tutorials and videos and tools and forums but I think I have some unique issues and context here. Any help will be appreciated.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...