Monday, November 14, 2016

rom flashing - How to restore my phone, after replacing my systemui with a modded one?


I recently saw a thread about a modded systemui on XDA here and downloaded it. I replaced my present systemui with this one and rebooted my phone. I think that at first the replaced systemui didn't work so I got a systemui-less experience (You can learn about my experience by reading the comment I made on SO here ).


Then I learnt that I hadn't set the permissions rightly so I changed the permissions of the new systemui to 644 as said at XDA and rebooted my phone.


After the reboot my apps were optimized as it happens after an update. But this time the new systemui worked (probably) as I now have an all black screen after my phone boots normally.


I then tried to enter into recovery mode and wiped the data (factory reset option) and booted again, but that was of no use as the problem persisted.


What can I do now? Will I have to go all the way reflashing my phone? Could anyone suggest a better option as reflashing seems to be the last option for me. Thanks in advance.


Phone model: Lenovo Vibe C, 16 GB variant, currently running Android Lollipop.


EDIT





  • It was all my fault as the mods were meant for Samsung galaxy alpha (I did not read the title at XDA before messing up)




  • I don't have a custom recovery installed nor do I have a NANDROID backup made before. I'm completely helpless.😭😭






No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...