Friday, November 11, 2016

Cannot upload arbitrary files using Chrome


Using for the first time latest Chrome (v30.x) on Android 4.0.4 ICS on a 1st Gen. Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet. To my huge surprise am not able to upload any files other than images or camera videos? In any webmail when I click attach a list of apps is displayed that includes Gallery, Camera etc. But the in-built file manager (My Files) is nowhere to be seen. Thinking there was a problem with it I tried many other file manager apps but none of them show up either. In stock Android browser though the in-built file manager is visible and allows me to select and upload files with any extension.


What could be wrong with Chrome and if possible how can I fix it?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...