Friday, November 4, 2016

file transfer - Better way to connect Galaxy Nexus (ICS) to Linux


I can connect my Galaxy Nexus to my Kubuntu machine using the PTP protocol, but it's really slow. I've read this interview about why Galaxy Nexus doesn't support USB Mass storage, and I've gone to http://www.android.com/filetransfer/ as instructed but there's no way I can see which will allow me to connect to the device using a linux machine and MTP.



Does anyone know how to get MTP, or any other protocol, working?



Answer



You could also try mtpfs or gMTP. mtpfs allows to mount the MTP device as a filesystem, while gMTP is a standalone program.


Over at AskUbuntu there's an answer that shows how to use mtpfs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...