Saturday, November 12, 2016

samsung galaxy note 2 - Custom keyboard shortcuts for Android


I am trying to create some custom shortcuts for often-used words/phrases using the built in dictionary, but have run into a roadblock.


I'm trying to follow the instructions in this blog post, specifically:





  • Tap Settings, Language & Input, then “Personal dictionary.” (Note: the exact settings may differ depending on the make and model of your Android phone.)

  • Tap the “+” sign in the top-right corner of the screen, then enter the word or phrase (like “on my way”) you’d like to make a shortcut for.

  • Next, type a brief shortcut that’s easy to remember; for example, “omw” for “on my way.”

  • Tap the Back key, and you’ll see an entry for the shortcut you just added. Want to add more shortcuts? Tap the “+” sign again.

  • Now, go to the Messaging app, compose a new message, and tap one of your new shortcuts—and when you do, the phrase you entered will appear in the row of auto-correct options just above the keyboard. Tap the phrase to add it to your message.



However, I'm not able to find these settings on my Galaxy Note 2. How can I do this?


In the first step itself I am stuck. Didn't find any option for 'Personal Dictionary' sort of thing.



Tap Settings, Language & Input, then “Personal dictionary.”




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...