Monday, November 21, 2016

Is There A Browser Which Makes It Easy/Possible To Search From The Address Bar?


For those familiar with the Google Chrome browser, I'm looking for the feature which basically treats the address bar as a search bar when not navigating to a site. I would find this handy since it's annoying to have to navigate to Google.com first (which is the only option on the stock browser) or using the search widget. Is there a browser for that?




Answer



Dolphin Browser HD allows you to search google from the address bar, and it shows suggestions as you type. It doesn't explicitly say that it has this feature but I use it all the time. If you type something in the address bar that's not a web address and hit go it will automatically search, just like Chrome does.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...