Wednesday, November 23, 2016

cyanogenmod - Disabling MTP/PTP/all USB stuff except charging


Is there a way to disable all USB functionality except for charging? I don't really use MTP or PTP and would like to disable it if possible.




Answer



Go to Settings → Storage and tap on the overflow menu in the top right (on a device with a physical menu key, you may need to press that instead). This should bring up a menu item labeled "USB Computer Connection":


enter image description here


Tap on that, and it will give you a list with possible connection modes. Uncheck everything that you don't intend to use. On my N5/CM11 there are only two options on this page: MTP and PTP. Unchecking both causes the phone to simply charge when plugged into a PC. I have seen others that have an explicit "Charge Only" option, but I believe that is nonstandard.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...