Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Rooting an unbranded tablet


I bought one of these simple cheap Chinese no-name tablets: HDMI, Bluetooth, HD display, dual-core CPU. Unfortunately, it came without official Google apps such as Market and Gmail. I tried different ways to install these apps. Every time I got a Force Close error.


I'm using Ubuntu as my workstation and looked with adb for the device. Found one, good! The command lsusb gives me



Bus 001 Device 031: ID 18d1:4e22 Google Inc. Nexus S (debug)

I've tried obtaining root access on this device, without any success. Information about the hardware is attached as a screenshot, made with Quadrant Benchmark.


screen shot


I have tried these tools:



  • SuperOneClick

  • UniversalAndroot

  • EasyRootICS



BusyBox is installed but without su. Cannot remount /system, because its not permitted.


Cannot login with adb root, it fails with the following message


> adbd cannot run as root in production builds


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...