Thursday, November 10, 2016

4.0 ice cream sandwich - How can I securely install an older version of Chrome on a device that won't support newer versions?


I have an Android device that runs Android 4.0.2 and can't be updated any further.


When I tried to install Chrome from the Play Store, I was told:




Your device isn't compatible with this version.



Indeed, Google says:



Chrome is available on phones and tablets running Android 4.1+ (Jelly Bean). If you're on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), Chrome version 42 and lower will work, but you won’t get any updates to Chrome.



Fine by me, I can run and older version of Chrome. But where can I download the APK? A Google search for Chrome 42 Android gives me a lot of domains that I don't trust. I generally try to avoid installing or running executables from sources I'm not familiar with.


From Googles quote above, they seem to recommend that people on 4.0 run older versions of Chrome. But do they provide the APK? Or does any other trustworthy source provide it?



Answer




Give this a try:


http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/chrome/chrome-42-0-2311-111-release/chrome-42-0-2311-111-4-android-apk-download/


I use APK mirror all the time and have never had any issues. You said 42 and below right? This is version 42


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...