Tuesday, November 1, 2016

clockworkmod recovery - How do I install Cyanogenmod 11 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (GT-P5113)?


I'd like to install Cyanogenmod 11 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (GT-P5113), is this currently possible? I see the Rom shows up in Cyanogenmod's Updater.



Answer




Previously it wasn't possible.



In short, the previously used set_perms method was deprecated and replaced by set_metadata. Unfortunately, most of available recoveries didn’t allow users to flash these packages properly, and this has resulted in the following error message: set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed



But now all major recoveries support set_metadata_recursive. Just use a version of TWRP newer than 2.7.0


What I did was boot into Download Mode:




  1. Shut down the tablet.

  2. Unplug the USB.

  3. Hold Volume Up and Power.

  4. Let go of both after it boots and you see it is in Download Mode.

  5. Plug in USB.


Flash it into the RECOVERY partition,


heimdall flash --RECOVERY twrp-3.1.1-0-whatever.img --no-reboot


Now when you boot into Recovery Mode and you're in TWRP you'll see the option to flash the CM11 .zip, or adb sideload it, which is what I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...