Saturday, November 12, 2016

rooting - How can I root my Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet?


Lenovo doesn't provide updates for the Thinkpad Tablet any more. I'd like to install a custom ROM and therefore need root.


How can I root my Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet?



Answer



The method "debugfs automated root" works for the latest official ROM of the Thinkpad Tablet. Like most other root methods, you need to have the Android SDK (or at least adb) installed and must be able to connect adb to your Lenovo Thinkpad (Enable debug mode).





  1. Download the exploit from the XDA Post.

  2. unzip DebugfsRoot_Generic_v2.3.zip

  3. adb push debugfs /data/local/

  4. adb push su /data/local/

  5. adb push debugfsinput /data/local/

  6. adb shell mv /data/local/tmp /data/local/tmp.bak

  7. adb shell ln -s /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 /data/local/tmp

  8. adb reboot


  9. adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/debugfs

  10. Now run the exploit: adb shell "/data/local/debugfs -w /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 < /data/local/debugfsinput"

  11. Cleanup: adb shell rm /data/local/tmp && adb shell mv /data/local/tmp.bak /data/local/tmp

  12. Install superuser: adb install Superuser.apk



Just run the provided RootDebugfs.bat


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...