Tuesday, November 15, 2016

calls - Is there a way to easily record a phone conversation in-progress?


I do not own an Android device. I was thinking about getting one, and an important feature for me is the ability to record a phone conversation which is in progress - meaning, while I am in the middle of a conversation, I could touch a button which will save a two-sided audio recording of that conversation from the moment onward.


I am aware that recording a conversation I am participating in without notifying the other members is illegal in some places - I have already checked this and have verified that it is completely legal in my country.


Is there is such a functionality in Android, through core features or available applications?


EDIT:



  • I prefer a solution which does not notify the other side of the recording, though it's not a must.

  • I need a solution which works in any country.



Answer




There are a couple of apps to try. I use Ultimate Voice Recorder which costs $4.99 but works beautifully. You can start recording in the middle of a call.


A quick search on AppBrain brought up Record My Call which is free. I haven't used Record My Call so I can't comment on whether or not it can start in the middle of a call.


Update: Ultimate Voice Recorder does record both sides of the conversation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...