Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Kindle Fire HD 7" runs very slowly after rooting


I recently rooted my Kindle Fire HD and it now runs very slowly. It was mentioned in the rooting instructions I was following that this would happen during the rooting process. I am wondering if this is a permanent consequence of rooting or if it is fixable. If it is something I can fix could you tell me how. Thanks for the help!


Here are the steps I followed:



  1. Download Root MANY ANDROID! to your desktop. Extract to your desktop. This package includes updated adb daemons.

  2. Download Qemu automated root to your desktop. Extract to your desktop. This package includes updated adb daemons.


    NOTE WINDOWS 7 USERS: You need to open a command prompt "as Administrator" when running the above utility batch files RunMe.bat and RootQemu.bat - otherwise Windows will respond with "Permission Denied".




  3. Root Step 1: Run RunMe.bat from Root MANY ANDROID!. Choose option 1 Run Normal Method and ignore errors. Pay attention, you will need to answer "Restore" a dialogue box on the Kindle. Click on Restore. When the program has completed, the Kindle will Reboot.

  4. Root Step 2: When the Kindle reboots it will react VERY slowly, this is normal - leave it alone. Immediatly proceed to Step 3.

  5. Root Step 3: Run RootQemu.bat from Qemu automated root. Follow the instructions Step-by-Step allowing Windows to re-detect the Kindle between reboots (about 2 minutes). Let this utility complete to the end.

  6. Root Step 4: Click on Superuser.apk under the Apps tab.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...