Wednesday, November 23, 2016

How can I tell if I have root?


I've been attempting to root my phone (Samsung Intercept M910, but that probably doesn't matter).


How can I tell that I have actually, successfully gained root? I've run a few apps which require root, and some work and some don't, so I'm unclear if I've gained root or not.



Answer



Use terminal emulator (a popular free/open-source terminal emulator is Android Terminal Emulator, available from F-droid or Play Market), open the emulator and type


su



you will know with the message that appears after if phone is rooted or not.


Edit:


There is an app just for this now : Root Checker


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...