Tuesday, September 29, 2015

What info does Google backup?


Does anyone know what exactly does Google backup (and restore) when you enable that option?


Also, are we able to see this list somewhere? (Maybe hidden n-levels deep in Google Account information?)


Reason I ask is I've had the unfortunate experience of my SD Card dying on me, put in a temporary SD Card and allowed Google to do the auto-restore.


Some things that were restored:




  • Saved wireless networks

  • Background

  • Some apps - strangely enough only a subset of my apps were restored (some with data, some without). All previous apps were installed via Android Market.


Then finally got my new SD Card, put that in and the following were restored



  • Saved wireless networks

  • Some apps - again, same problem... only a subset (different subset, even fewer apps). This time no data seemed to have been restored either.



I think it would be very helpful to be able to view/manage a list of what is backed up, and thus would be restored (but I have yet to find this list... if it even exists).




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...