Friday, September 11, 2015

Stream any audio to DLNA/UPNP speakers



Is there a generic ways how to stream any audio from my mobile or table to my WiFi DLNA/UPnP speakers? By any audio I mean any audio output from any application - YouTube, Audible, BeyondPod, any music player etc.


I figured out partial solution for BeyondPod, a podcast client, and BubbleUPnP, where BubbleUPnP streams to the speaker when it is set as "external" player for BeyondPod. It's a partial solution because it works only for applications with support for redirection to external player. YouTube or Audible has no option to use external player.


And it is not ideal solution either. For example playlists are tricky, both BubbleUPnP and BeyondPod have their own playlists and they don't play along well. BubbleUPnP is unfortunately not just just audio forwarder, it's full fledged media player and its own broad functionality in this scenario it gets in the way :(


Is there a proper audio forwarding (re-streaming, re-directing) solution, an app or a driver, which would take any audio output and forward it to my external speakers? My speakers support UPnP/DLNA, Airplay and Bluetooth.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...