Sunday, September 13, 2015

nexus 4 - How to do a clone / backup & restore between identical devices via USB and broken screen


I have a Nexus 4 with a recently broken screen, and another Nexus 4 that works. I would like to copy all of the data, apps, etc, from the broken Nexus 4 to the working Nexus 4. The broken phone still powers on and I can access it via USB cable, I just can't use the screen.


Is there any way to do this entirely via the USB cable, adb, etc? The methods I've seen for copying data all require installing and controlling software (such as Titanium backup, or other third-party cloning software) on the source phone. I can't very well do that, since that phone isn't fully functional.


This question is almost exactly what I want, except for the part where I must authorize the backup on my source device, which is not possible without a functioning screen.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...