Sunday, September 13, 2015

auto correct - How to clear the keyboard autocomplete suggestions



I need to completely clear the autocomplete words my Sony Ericsson Xperia arc has learned. I used it for entering some random letter combinations (CAPTCHA entries) and now they are part of the autocomplete for some important prefixes. How can this be done? Looked in the settings screen but no luck.



Answer



This is positioned high in Google, so I'm gonna paste my solution here. I own a Sonyericsson Xperia Arc S and the Personal Dictionary list was empty.


The way to go was to go into the app listing (all apps), find the Xperia Keyboard service and Clear Data.


It resets every keyboard configuration, but it's how it works.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...