Sunday, September 27, 2015

9.0 pie - GPS quick settings tile


I have a bootleggers ROM (Android 9 pie) installed on a Motorola Moto E 2015 phone. Can I add a quick settings tile that would toggle the GPS (location) on and off?


I know there is already a "location" tile, built in the rom, that can switch between different location modes (high accuracy, etc.), but I only want to toggle the GPS on and off, not to change the modes. Also, I already solved this by using Tasker and QuickTask app to create a custom tile. And it works, but sometimes it takes some time for it to respond (which is understandable having in mind my phone's specs and the fact that now two additional apps are used to control the tile). I don't know if the delay is caused by QuickTask, by Tasker or by both, and it also depends on how many apps are open at the time that I use the tile.


So, maybe there is a more reliable and quicker solution.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...