Tuesday, September 15, 2015

4.0 ice cream sandwich - How do I add a phone number to contacts from the text message app?


I have a text message sent from a phone number that is not yet linked in any other method.


Is there a way to use this message's number to create a new contact or modify an existing one directly from the text messaging application?


If it is relevant, I use Gmail for my contacts and have imported from Facebook.



I have Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).


What I've tried


This question is vaguely similar, but not quite what I'm looking for.


I know I can copy/paste the number if I open the "modify recipients" dialog, click on the number, and click/hold to open the cut/copy/paste tool. I can also simply write down the number on paper. I'm looking for an alternative.


There are no menu options if I select the message at the top-level of the Text app.


The menu options while in the text message thread don't seem relevant:



  • Insert smiley

  • Delete

  • Set priority


  • Add subject

  • Modify recipients


The menu options if I click and hold on an individual message don't seem relevant:



  • Delete message

  • Forward message

  • Copy message text

  • Protect message

  • View message details


  • Add to task



Answer



On my Android 4.0.4 if I click on the picture of the contact, I get option to save it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...