Saturday, September 19, 2015

root access - Where does Android store fingerprint data?


I am looking for the files that correspond to the recorded fingerprints on my Nexus 6P and a way to "reset" the fingerprint system. Something similar to how Android stores lock screen settings (pattern etc.) under /data/system/locksettings.db*, and you can remove the lock screen by deleting these files (if you have root access).


The reason I am asking is because after a TWRP restore on a new Nexus 6P, my fingerprint hardware is not working anymore. The error message is Fingerprint hardware not available. Also see this question: "Fingerprint hardware not available" after TWRP restore


All five previously recorded fingerprints show up on the settings UI, but I am not able to delete them by clicking "Delete".




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...