Sunday, September 6, 2015

battery life - Can anyone reccomend a 2g / 3g switching widget?


I've just got my new HTC Desire HD and I want to switch 3G on and off as required. I used to do this on my old HTC magic and got quite good battery life compared to some friends with the same phone.


Is there a reccomended, not spammy, preferably free, 2G 3G switchng widget? If it's only a shortcut to the relevant menu option, so be it.


Edit: Little extra info - In the Marketplace there seem to be dozens of these little things, can anyone reccomend which work fine, and which will steal all my email contacts and sell them to spammers in Eastern Europe? :)



Answer



Power Control Plus will do this, and more. Specifically for you, it will open up the settings page to toggle 2G/3G. However, it is not free. It will cost you $2.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...