Friday, September 11, 2015

google account - Getting "Authentication is required" when trying to access the Play Store



Over the past week, whenever I try to open the Play Store/Market app on my phone, the app thinks for a while and then displays this error message:



Authentication is required. You need to sign into your Google Account.



But I am indeed signed into my Google account, as seen in other Google applications running on the phone, and as seen if I open the menu in the Market app and click the "Accounts" button.


I suspect this might be related to the fact that over the past few months I've had two different Google accounts synced to this device, and I have recently removed one of them from the phone. No other Google application has had any problems with removing one account.


Does anyone know how I can solve this issue? I can still install applications by using the market website (now "Google Play"), but this is still a big inconvenience. I also think I stopped getting updates.



Answer



I went to Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications -> All, chose the Market application in the list, and clicked on "Uninstall updates" button which appeared there. It gave me an old, but working, version of the market app. I hope it will update itself in the future and will continue to work properly.


Thanks to Matthew for inspiring me to look over there.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...