Friday, September 18, 2015

4.0 ice cream sandwich - On it's own, my Verizon Droid Razr (recently with ICS), went into debug mode. How do I get it out of debug mode?


This evening I took my phone out of my pocket and the screen was on and it was in debug mode. I assume it is debug mode - there is a column of text right justified near the top of the screen that changes with time. When my finger touches the screen a vertical and horizontal line appear and track my finger movement and there is a trail left showing where I moved my finger. Along the top of the screen there are fields which display info about the finger movement. I am not a developer, but I assume this is debug mode.


My question is: How can I get it out of debug mode? HELP!!!




Answer



Do you have "{} Developer options" under Settings menu? If yes, go to Settings->Developer Options and uncheck the boxes under "Input", "Drawing" "Monitoring" sections.


I presume these should be not available with standard ROMs (i.e. produced by carrier/that come with phone). In that sense, I am bit surprised on why you have it, unless you have CM's or other similar ROM.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...