Tuesday, September 5, 2017

sync - What's the most effortless way for "cloud" back up of photos taken with an Android phone?


After I take a picture with my phone, I want it to be synced (and/or shared) to the "cloud" shortly thereafter. (Say after a few seconds when I have wifi connection but not necessarily right away when on 3G). Does such an effortless synchronization system exist? Can a Picasa or DropBox account already do this but I haven't taken full advantage of it? Am I missing something?


I can't seem to find an official Picasa app by google. This Picasa/Android question I found seems to tell me it doesn't exist, although it's an old question.


The option to auto-share photos backed up this way would be worth mentioning. Non-picasa solutions are also well worth mentioning.




Answer



If you sign up to Google+ you can do this with the Google+ app now.


There is an Instant Upload option in the app. This syncs any photos (and videos if you set the option) to an Instant Upload album in Picasa.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...