Tuesday, September 12, 2017

cyanogenmod - If I set up a VPN, does *everything* go over it?


If I set up a VPN connection for Android, what gets routed over the VPN? Just web browsing? All internet connections from all apps?



In Cyanogenmod, in the Add OpenVPN config, "Advanced" settings, there is an option for "Redirect gateway - Force all traffic to berouted thru the VPN tunnel", which is off by default.


With this off, which apps/communications get routed through it?


The other VPN types do not have this option. Do they work this way or not?


After setting up a VPN, how can I verify that it's working?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...