Saturday, September 2, 2017

4.0 ice cream sandwich - Can I set up Wi-Fi and USB tethering on the Galaxy Nexus without rooting it?


I am about to buy the Samsung Galaxy Nexus and I need to tether with the following connections



  1. USB to my Windows PC

  2. Wi-Fi with my Mac, iPad or iPhone (to download apps over 20MB)


I will be using Verizon Wireless's LTE 4G connection to my smartphone


I also don't want to root my phone, install a custom rom or pay Verizon $20/GB


I heard of PDANet and EasyTether and Tether.com but they only provide USB connectivity to the Mac or PC (I won't be able to use it with iPhone's or iPads)



Any help is greatly appreciated.


I am willing to pay for the software if it provides Wi-Fi and USB. (Bluetooth is optional but not needed)



Answer



ClockworkMod Tether does USB tethering without root and Bluetooth tethering is planned (it's still in alpha). Unfortunately, from what I understand only Windows, Linux & Mac OS will be supported, but who knows what will happen in the future (maybe Wi-Fi support). Koush's apps are great.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...