Sunday, September 10, 2017

How to automatically backup everything to a safe location


I would like to discuss the best way(s) to automatically backup all data on a phone including system, data and sdcard to a server or computer. This should be scheduled so that one will loose as little data as possible if the phone or tablet gets lost/stolen.


I don't want to exclude Googles Backup system totally but I personally look for a different solution because I don't want to hand over my data to any cloud service, so if the best way would be the cloud it had to be encrypted.


Incremental Backups would be great but I don't see that happening.


My devices are all rooted, otherwise a system backup wouldn't be possible of course.


Tools that come to mind and their respective disadvantages:




  • Clockworkmod Recovery / TWRP > cannot be automated

  • Online Nandroid Backup > would fill up the SDcard because incremental is not supported

  • Bittorrent Sync > can only sync folders not the whole sdcard (what about App2SD partition?)

  • Rsync > only works for SDcard and hard to automate (on Windows)

  • Airdroid > only for SDCard

  • Titanium Backup > no SDcard backup, only selected data backup


What kind of backup system would you suggest?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...