Friday, September 8, 2017

rom flashing - What to do if ODIN fails to flash and device can boot only in Download mode?


The other day I was trying to flash a new rom (Android version 5.0.1) on my Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) using Odin. The old one was 5.0.1 as well but I had some problems with it.


I flashed this device once before, so I kind of knew what I had to do. When I started flashing it gave me a message with "failed", so I tried it again. It was then showing that there was no PIT partition file anymore. I tried flashing it with a PIT file but nothing seems to have helped it.


I can only go in download mode, not in the recovery mode. The device is stuck at:



Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in kies & try again




I have no idea what to do next.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...