Thursday, September 14, 2017

google account - Is there any way to check the backup that android does?


Today I have been researching a bit about the Android backup options (since I have seen some people having to lose all their data due to ICS serious bugs).


From now, I prefer to use native options, such as the "default" option or the adb backup -all command.


But my question is about the regular way.


I enabled the Settings->Backup->Backup my data option (on ICS). Now I would like to check on my Google Account Preferences when was the last backup was made, and which data is safely backed up - and which isn't.


I'm not sure if that's possible. Does anybody know?




Answer




I went to https://www.google.com/dashboard/b/0/ and found the section labeled "Android device"; that had a link labeled "More data stored about this device". Clicking that opened a popup window that showed a disappointingly short list of apps that had backed up some of their data: just some of the built-in apps from Google.



The above paragraph was written in 2012; five years later the situation seems better: the relevant link is now https://myaccount.google.com/dashboard, and my list of apps is nice and long: 85, and they're not all from Google :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...