Friday, September 15, 2017

networking - Let Android believe it is connected to internet




Possible Duplicate:
How to set up reverse tethering over USB?



Is there a way to do this?


I'm trying to reverse tether my Android phone. I'd like it to use my PC connection. Many guides on the net say that I should root my phone, but I don't want to do that.



What I would like to happen:



  • connect Android to the Internet via wireless

  • attach to PC via USB, in "tethering usb mode"

  • PC is already connected to the Internet in another way (cable)

  • when I disconnect the wireless connection on the Android phone, then the Android phone uses the connection of my PC


With no internet connection on my phone I can't connect successfully to the PC. So, I'd like to know if there is a way to let the Android device believe it is connected to the Internet.


I'm using Ubuntu 11.04




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...