Thursday, September 7, 2017

battery - Can you charge a Quick Charge 3.0 phone with a Quick Charge 2.0 mains adapter?


The Wileyfox Swift 2 is QC3.0 enabled, but the only trusted brand adapter I can get is QC2.0. What happens when you charge a QC3 device using a QC2 adapter?


I noticed several other questions on this StackExchange, but none of them seemed to answer this particular scenario.



Answer



From Qualcomm product manager, responsible for Quick Charge



Of course, QC3 is backwards compatible to QC2 so your existing QC2 adapter will charge a QC3 phone and vice versa




(Emphasis supplied)


Thanks for asking this, I was under the impression that it is one way compatibility


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...