Thursday, September 14, 2017

adb - Clockwork: error: cannot load 'recovery-clockwork': No error


I am trying to flash a recovery-image file into my Nexus 7 but the flashing fails


know that I am working on windows and my image file is located in the same folder as adb and fastboot files are


here are the steps I am following:



  • start the tablet android system, and the device works fine

  • I restart the tablet into the bootloader using: adb reboot bootloader

  • browse to the Recovery Mode and then check if the adb sees the tablet: fastboot devices


  • adb is working fine and can detect the device and read its serial number


  • then when I flash: fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork.img: I get this error:


    error: cannot load 'recovery-clockwork': No error




what am I doing wrong ?



Answer



Most common errors (and solutions to them) are:




  • different file name: make sure the file is really named recovery-clockwork.img, in your example, or adjust your command according to the file name

  • wrong path, e.g. your file resides in C:\Downloads, but you're executing fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork.img from C:\: Either first change to the directory the .img file is located in, move the .img to where you want to execute your command, or try specifying the file with its full path (e.g. C:\Downloads\recovery-clockwork.img)

  • sometimes adb/fastboot behaves strangely when executed from "somewhere else". In those cases it helps to first changing to the directory where the resp. executable is located, and run your command from there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...