Friday, September 29, 2017

uninstallation - How to delete an app installed with Amazon Appstore?


I've installed an app using Amazon Appstore, but I don't see a way to uninstall it. Amazon support has failed to respond to my question after 2 days.


I prefer a method that does not involve deleting it with a file manager or some sort of root access.



Answer



From the homescreen hit the menu button and select Settings. Then select Applications, and then Manage applications. Find the app you want to uninstall and select it, then clear the data associated with it by tapping Clear data and then tap Uninstall.


Voila!


Edit: I actually just noticed this in Amazon's official help documentation for their Appstore (from June 14th, 2011):




...


Amazon Tested
To ensure the highest quality apps in our catalog, we take all submissions through a series of tests. In this process we screen the apps for known viruses and malware, test the app to check that it actually does what it claims to do, and test whether the app affects the stability of the other functions of your phone. These tests include (but are not limited to):



  • Installation: The application installs and opens, upgrades can be installed and the application can be uninstalled by following the phone's regular uninstall method.


...



(Italics added by me.)



Clearly they intentionally left out an Amazon Appstore-native method of removing apps you've downloaded and installed from them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...