Monday, September 18, 2017

google play store - What is the "Duplicate Provider" error?


I have installed Angry birds from the official android market. I tried installing the Angry Birds Seasons free version today, and while installing I got a pop-up message saying "Duplicate provider" and the installation terminated. I am running ICS on Nexus S, if it's relevant.



Answer



That means something's wrong with the package setup. For your reference, here are a few links with more detailed information:




Recommendation: Contact developer (for security reasons both developers, in case somebody faked the signature). It's most likely a copy-and-paste error during the packaging process, so the developer might release a fixed update soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...