Saturday, September 9, 2017

4.4 kitkat - Should I switch to ART?




ART has better performance and better battery life on paper at least. Should I consider switching to it on my moto g? What are the results I can expect? What precautions should I take? Is it easy to turn back to dalvik?



Answer



Just try it by yourself. I've felt no real difference. Maybe it is something that is device specific or there is just a very small difference.



But it can change with Android 5.0 'L' because ART on Android 4.4 is some sort of beta version.


Switching to ART is as easy as switching back to Dalvik.


Settings > Developer Options > Select Runtime.

There you can choose ART.


You have to reboot your phone to apply the changes.


If you want to go back to Dalvik, redo the steps and select Dalvik.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...