Saturday, April 2, 2016

wi fi - If I use free WiFi in a hotspot, can data be easily sniffed?



If I use my mobile device in a Wifi hotspot, can I take it that it bears the same risks as using a laptop in that data can be easily sniffed and that the mobile device is also open to man-in-the-middle attacks?



Answer



Yes, you are subject to the same risks as you would have in a laptop (or any device that connects to a wireless network, for that matter); to avoid them, the standard security procedures apply: do not use unencrypted connections that you do not trust and always prefer HTTPS for browsing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...